Priligy: Action, Safety Info, How to Take
Priligy with Dapoxetine as the key ingredient refers to the family of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and is meant for the management of ejaculation issues in men over 18. The drug increases serotonin levels in the brain, thus, delaying chemical reactions responsible for ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation (PE) is a medical problem when a man ejaculates in less than 2 minutes after the entry or even during sexual stimulation and has a poor control over the process of ejaculation.
There are various factors that can induce PE. In some men, this ailment can be a result of some health issues including urological problems or hypothyroidism. In others, PE can stem from pre-existing psychological problems like performance fear or relationship worries. In thirds, PE can be a fallout from drug administration. But whatever the cause, Priligy never fails to manage premature ejaculation and restore self-confidence in adult males. Priligy can prolong a man’s time to climax and help him regain control over ejaculation, consequently, reducing the associated stress and improving satisfaction with an intercourse.
Priligy’s Mode of Action and Efficacy
A mode of Priligy’s action derives from its capability to suppress the reuptake of serotonin by neurons, followed by an increased activity of the neurotransmitter on pre- and postsynaptic receptors. The sympathetic nervous system is primarily responsible for launching the process of ejaculation. Postganglionic sympathetic nerve fibers innervate (excite) the seminal vesicles, the seminal duct, the prostate, the urethra muscles, and the neck of the urinary bladder, evoking their coordinated contraction to generate sperm emission.
The main substance of Priligy Dapoxetine interferes with the ejaculation reflex, prolonging the latent period and shortening the duration of reflex impulsion of the motoneurons of ganglia in the perineum. The stimulus that initiates the emission of seminal fluid is induced in the spinal reflex center, which is controlled by several nuclei of the cerebrum (including the preoptic and paraventricular nuclei) through the brain stem. Put it in a human language, Priligy stops certain chemicals in the brain from encouraging ejaculation.
The effectiveness of Priligy for the treatment of PE has been proven in a pre-marketing randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled investigation of the drug. Different dosages of Dapoxetine affect different types of PE in diverse ways. For instance, 60 mg of Dapoxetine improve an average time of intravaginal ejaculation latency (IELT) compared to that of Dapoxetine 30 mg in men with congenital PE, but there is no meaningful difference in patients with adult-onset PE. Dapoxetine, taken 1-3 hours before intimacy, prolongs IELT, enhances control over semen emission and sexual satisfaction in individuals between 18 – 64 years, suffering from PE. Dapoxetine is a quick-acting SSRI. It is rapidly absorbed and removed from the body within several hours. Favorable pharmacokinetics prevents accumulation of the drug in the body, and, therefore, lessens a risk of side effects.
In Which Countries is Dapoxetine Available?
Currently, Dapoxetine is approved and available in over fifty countries, including most European, South America and Asian states, Australia, and New Zealand. In the UK, the product is available both on prescriptions through the National Health Service and private e-drugstores. Every year, more countries are allowing Dapoxetine to enter their markets. However, the American Food and Drug Administration has not approved Dapoxetine yet, which forces the USA residents to order the medicine abroad.
Generic Versions of Priligy
Brand Priligy is officially produced by Johnson & Johnson. While this pharmaceutical is pretty effective and safe, it is extraordinarily expensive, too, and most patients simply cannot afford to buy it.
The good news is that there are numerous generic alternatives to Priligy marked as Dapoxetine or Dapoxetine Hydrochloride, which are distributed in a form of 30 mg or 60 mg tablets. Generic Dapoxetine is identical to original Priligy, but still, there is one significant distinction between them – the price. Generic versions of Priligy are generally 10 times as cheap as the brand medication. Just feel the difference:
- Three 60mg tablets of brand-named Priligy cost nearly US$50.
- Three 60mg tablets of generic Priligy cost nearly US$4.00
Is Generic Dapoxetine Safe?
As safe as genuine Priligy, because both drugs contain the same key constituent and are available in the same strengths. Often, generic alternatives are even safer and more effective compared to brand medications because formulas of generics are often enhanced with natural ingredients like herbs or extracts from leaves, roots or seeds.
Taking Priligy Smartly
Adhere to the following recommendations before taking Priligy to reap the maximum benefit from the drug and stay on the safe side:
- Administer the drug 1-3 hours before an anticipated sexual activity.
- Always start with the lowest dose of Priligy (30 mg) and increase it only after conferring with your healthcare provider.
- Avoid taking Priligy or its generic analogs if you are allergic to the main ingredient or any other substance used in the medicine (lactose is one of them).
- Combining Priligy with alcohol raises the risk of side effects, which include fainting, blurred vision, blood pressure drops, mood changes, gastrointestinal events, and sleep disorder.
- Do not take Priligy or other drugs containing Dapoxetine Hydrochloride if you have mental or mood problems, including schizophrenia, severe depression, bipolar disorder, epilepsy, mania or difficulty with concentration.
- If you have kidney, liver or eye conditions, Priligy is contraindicated to you.
- Never mix Priligy with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (antidepressants), antibiotics, sleep pills, antifungal preparations, medicines for HIV, painkillers, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines, PDE-5 inhibitors (ED solutions like Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra), blood and chest pain medicines, and recreational drugs. Start a therapy with Priligy at least two weeks after you have stopped taking the medications mentioned above.
- Priligy may not be a right product for you if you suffer from any heart or cardiovascular diseases.
- Take Priligy or its generic alternatives with a full glass of water irrespective of food.